7 Important Steps Of Social Media Marketing For Real Estate Business
In recent years, social media marketing has emerged as a key component of effective real estate marketing. Social media platforms provide the ability to disseminate information to an exponentially larger audience than any traditional form of advertising. With the rise of social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, agents have attracted new customers while growing their brands and reducing costs associated with print advertising.
The following are 7 important steps of social media marketing for real estate agents:
1. Specify your target audience
Know your target customers – the answer to this question will help you decide which platforms to use. Decide on three or four platforms that appeal to your demographic and build or strengthen a brand presence. For example, if you are marketing a home in an area with a large senior population, Facebook could be a good platform to leverage.
2. Create a website
Your website should be unique from other homes for sale in your area and offers something no other home does. It can be used to sell your property, but it should be more than just a simple advertisement like a banner or photo on a social media platform. The use of video can increase site traffic, as the perception of quality varies with the multimedia used. Your website should also allow visitors to subscribe to channels to receive emails about new listings, special features, and events in the area.
3. Schedule communication
A step-by-step process is most effective. Be organized and set up a calendar to schedule all communications – as in what time the property will be posted, who will post it, how often you should update your audience, when they should be notified and how they should be notified.
4. Participate in relevant forums
Join relevant real estate forums and answer questions directly related to your business. For example, if you specialize in selling single-family homes, one forum you could be a part of is a real estate forum for a single-family home. The purpose of joining the forum is to encourage your customers to visit your website and learn more about your services.
5. Use contests
Offer competitions to engage with your audience and increase traffic to your website or social media pages. Both Facebook and Twitter can be used to host contests by offering a discount or incentive for new followers.
6. Be consistent and organized
You should schedule a specific time each day to work on your social media marketing strategy. Make sure you use consistent titles on all your posts and always link to your website. Decide on a hashtag you will use throughout all platforms and include it in the main text – this will help people find the post with a search engine.
7. Be professional
Always follow all social media platforms’ standards of conduct and posting guidelines. For example, you should follow their community standards for posting images.
Social media marketing has become increasingly important for real estate agents in today’s customer-centric business environment. Social media marketing facilitates the creation of unique content for specific target audiences and provides the ability to measure results and track leads and customer behavior. To achieve your goals and objectives, it’s important to have a successful social media marketing strategy in place.
- “Our Woven Journey” Boosts Website Traffic with SEORDEV’s Google Web Stories Service
- How to market on social media
- How To Make Your Online Store Stand Out From The Competition
- How best to reach potential customers on E-Commerce websites?
- How Social Media Can Help You Grow Your Business
The following are the top 5 real estate social media networks for all agents:
Facebook is the world’s most popular social network. In 2015, Facebook reported having 1 billion daily active users on average, with an average of 1 billion logged-in users per day as of June 2014. The sheer number of individuals using Facebook makes this platform a great way for realtors to reach their target audience, whether the network is used to post content, communicate with potential buyers and sellers, or create ads.
This social networking service allows users to send and read short 140-character messages called tweets. Many real estate companies use Twitter as a communication tool for clients; however, it can also effectively promote listings on the platform. In addition, Twitter users can also follow each other – providing an opportunity to target real estate prospects.
The main users of Google Plus are early adopters with a higher income and more education than average Internet users. Additionally, this social network has powerful search capabilities, enabling it to identify a good target audience and customize the message accordingly.
This social network allows users to save and share images on a dedicated board. Since many real estate agents use Pinterest to promote their listings, it’s possible to set up a profile with relevant content.
A website that can create a professional presence and find potential clients and customers in the business world, LinkedIn is often recommended for real estate agents who want to reach new prospects. An appealing LinkedIn profile can enhance a real estate agent’s credibility and lead to increased traffic.
Other social media networks include:
1. YouTube: Videos, blogs, and webinars can enhance a brand’s community engagement and improve conversion rates. However, it’s important to compare the cost of videos against other platforms – as videos can be expensive and time-consuming.
2. Digg: Digg is a social media news website that allows users to submit their content and rate and comment on other user’s submissions.
3. Flickr: This online image hosting service is most effective for promoting listings or special events. For example, an event could be advertised with a photo booth, which is also a good way to gather new email addresses.
4. Vimeo: Using Vimeo for social media marketing can help increase a brand’s exposure and emphasize the profession of the real estate agent.
5. LinkedIn Groups: Real estate agents can also benefit from promoting their listings in existing LinkedIn groups. These groups allow members to share information and talk about relevant topics, such as how to buy a home in the region, home sales, etc.